Feb 11, 2012

Fashion Week Review: Helmut Lang

It's here. Fashion Week. Flex those fingers, fellow fashion followers (#alliteration). It's time to scour the Almighty Internet in search of the wondrous collections currently strutting down the runways of NYC. For those of you who, like me, lack the time, funds and connections to actually attend any fashion show, I suggest browsing this site for their in-depth coverage of all things stylish.

After two full days of runway shows, I can say my favorite is Helmut Lang's Fall 2012 Ready-to-Wear Collection. I'm telling you, the way to my heart is great blazer. And I'm in love with the unique jackets of Helmut Lang. Designers Nicole and Michael Colovo began with a white leather lapel-less blazer paired with shiny black skinny jeans, and ended with a printed chiffon mullet dress and thigh-high suede boots. Everything in between was an exploitation of texture; leather, suede, fur, chiffon, silk. The loose formed jackets and tops were off set by skinny pants and tall boots. The designer duo also displayed their own interpretation of the recently trendy infinity scarf, even constructing one into a weaved top. What's on my wish list, you may ask? Any one of the belted fur jackets. In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I die."

Enjoy some of my favorite pieces. For the entire collection, go to style.com.


All photos courtesy of style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment