Feb 3, 2012

An Homage to MJ

Marc Jacobs? Michael Jordan? Mick Jagger? Nope.

Michael Jackson.

I'm an admitted Glee-aholic, and yes, this post may have been inspired by their latest episode -- also an homage to the pop star -- and their cover of Black or White got me thinking. Lately my posts (and likewise, my outfits) have been infused with colors, whether pastel or neon-hued. Until today: the shy Seattle sun decided to come out and play, and my clothing choices got decidedly less bright -- ironic, no? I figured that while post after post about ways to implement color is always a fun idea, it's about time I include ways to rock a Black or White attitude a la Jacko.

Whether it's white-on-white, all black errythang, or a mix and match of the two hues, it's a sure thing you'll look fab. Since the color wheel is taking a back seat, don't be afraid to play with textures! Mix your leathers, wools, and linens to add a little something extra to an otherwise neutral outfit.

















Why should your clothes have all the fun? Don't forget to try this style on your accessories too!

Like this Celine luggage tote:
this Chloe satchel --
 or this Michael Kors bucket bag,
How about some Tory Burch flats?
 or these pointed toe Chanels?
 I die for these Valentino kitten heels!

I'll leave you with this excerpt:

I've seen the bright get duller,
I'm not going to spend my life being a color.
But if you're thinkin about my baby
It don't matter if you're black or white!
-- Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment