Feb 7, 2012

DIY: Color Block Clutch

One of my first posts was a how-to on sewing cute clutches; you can find it here.
Since then I've made so many of them in different colors, but recently I decided to change it up a little.

Thus we have -- neon color block clutch! It's literally the easiest way to add a little pop of color to an otherwise simple zippered bag.

You'll need a clutch (see my tutorial for how to make your own), painter's tape, a brush, white and neon acrylic paint.


Start out by measuring off how much of your clutch you want painted, and tape around the whole thing.


Start with a base coat of white acrylic paint -- you can skip this and go right to the neon color if you're impatient, but the white will really make the neon pop! Wait for it to dry, then flip it over and repeat. duh.


Once that's dry, it's time for the fun color! I layered the paint on thick so no white would show through and to get rid of any brushstrokes. Wait for it to dry, play some Jason Aldean, don't forget to remove the tape, tuck your shirt in and put on a cute belt to take a picture and VOILA! Cute bag-ness.


Like I said -- easy. Happy DIY-ing!

1 comment:

  1. Neon clutch is really cool, I love it so much. DIY are really awesome.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete